Driving through the Triangle and areas surrounding the Fortify project will take some planning on your part. Here, we've consolidated all the information you might need to make your commute easier.
- Plan your route ahead of time, including alternatives in the case of traffic congestion. Check out a map of real-time traffic cameras as well as maps of the Fortify work zone that could be helpful for your commute.
- Consider taking the Triangle Expressway to Research Triangle Park and surrounding areas.
- Carpool or take the bus.
- Talk to your employer about teleworking or alternate work schedules.
- Consider GoPass. Some state employees are eligible, and other companies also offer free or discounted transit fares.
By planning out your trip and applying some strategies to your commute, you can help us reach our goal of reducing traffic through the Fortify project by 30,000 vehicles each day.
Saunders Street Exit Closures
Looking for a mobile app to keep you updated on traffic conditions? NCDOT recommends using apps before you hit the road and to only use one that offers voice and hands-free notifications.
NCDOT State Farm® Safety Patrol is a free service that provides roadside assistance to stranded motorists and also clears roadways to help keep traffic flowing smoothly. Safety Patrol trucks are ready to address most traffic-related problems and are equipped with specialized tools, including:
- Traffic control devices to warn motorists of impending hazards, such as lighted arrow boards and other warning lights, traffic cones and air horns
- Gasoline, water, air pumps, jumper cables, vehicle jacks and other tools to quickly aid stranded motorists
- Specially-designed push bumpers and winches to aid in clearing travel lanes of disabled vehicles and debris
If you are stranded and need assistance, dial *HP from your mobile phone.