Driving through the Triangle and areas surrounding the Fortify project will take some planning on your part. Here, we've consolidated all the information you might need to make your commute easier.
Incident Management Patrols (IMAP) trucks are equipped with specialized tools to address most traffic-related incidents. Specially trained NCDOT personnel can assist stranded motorists, clear the roadway and provide temporary traffic control when needed. Trucks are equipped with:
- Traffic control devices to warn motorists of impending hazards, such as lighted arrow boards and other warning lights, traffic cones and air horns
- Gasoline, water, air pumps, jumper cables, vehicle jack and other tools to quickly aid stranded motorists
- Specially-designed push bumpers and winches, to aid in clearing travel lanes of disabled vehicles and debris
If you are stranded, dial *HP from your mobile phone and ask for IMAP assistance.
- Plan your route ahead of time, including alternatives in the case of traffic congestion by using our interactive map.
- Consider taking the Turnpike to RTP and surrounding areas.
- Carpool or take the bus
- Talk to your employer about teleworking or alternate work schedules.
By planning out your trip and applying some strategies to your commute, you can help us reach our goal of reducing traffic through the Fortify project by 30,000 vehicles each day.